Handling TamTam Resources...

Olivier Bélanger olivier.belanger at umontreal.ca
Tue Apr 15 19:32:58 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I'm working on sharing resources between our 4 activities with
respect to the security policy. It will be very helpfull if you have
time to give me your opinion on the problem...

Here is the situation:

TamTamJam and TamTamSynthLab produce sounds that we want usable by
any TamTam activities. Each sounds come with a little text file
specifying some attributes of the sound (loop points, crossfade
duration, amplitude, ...). Before security policy, all our stuff was
saved in .sugar/default/tamtam and all activities was looking there
for resources... that was working very well.

Now, I moved all permanent saved stuff to DATA_DIR and everything
work except that others TamTam activity (e.g. TamTamEdit) can't use
sounds saved in TamTamJam's DATA_DIR.

Is there a way to let all TamTam activities have access to a common
directory?

How do think this stuff should be implemented?

Thank you very much!

Olivier Bélanger
TamTam's developer team