Activity Launch Notification

NoiseEHC NoiseEHC at freemail.hu
Tue Apr 15 15:24:33 EDT 2008

> We've recognized that accidental activation of the Frame is a problem,
> but haven't had time to implement any of the proposed changes.  The
> simplest change we hope to add is a tiny delay, to prevent accidental
> activation when attempting to reach a button or element near the
> corners.  Even a very small delay of, perhaps, 1/5 second should help
> reduce this.  We'll likely add a slider to the control panel allowing
> this value to be adjusted from instantaneous to off.  Other ideas are
> welcome, as is any feedback that indicates the common causes for the
> accidental activation. (Is it the jumpy trackpad?  attempts to hit
> buttons in toolbars?  activities with canvases such as paint? etc.)

Idea:
When the cursor moves to the corner/edge nothing should happen. If the
cursor movement stops then for some time Sugar should watch the cursor
and if the user moves past the screen edge by a large amount only then
should it show the frame. Unfortunately it would require Sugar watching
the raw touch pad input since the cursor cannot leave the screen area.
(Alternatively the frame can be shown by just leaving the mouse cursor
at the edge for a very long time...)
The point of this idea is that it is a simple touch pad gesture.