Build Debate: Followup on Build Naming

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 20:10:07 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 8:12 PM, Charles Merriam
<charles.merriam at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tweaked the proposal to have a specific proposal for release naming.
>   The overly engineered details are at
>  http://wiki.laptop.org/go/2008_Debate_of_Build_and_Release

Thanks for formalising this, I would also strongly suggest that the
organisation is moved to the far right, and that we get rid of year.

We don't have to invent anything new -- large projects where a
component may be patched/customised by a specific organisation put it
towards the right for a good reason: that it is usually a local
customisation. The debian package versioning scheme is the best case
study.

cheers,

martin
 martin.langhoff at gmail.com