RPMs and Activity bundles

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 10:35:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:22 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
<bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:

>  Marco Pesenti Gritti wrote:
>  | It depends on the contents of the rpm. In some cases you would need to
>  | rebuild...
>
>  OK, how about instructions starting with a SRPM?

I don't think it make sense to do it starting from a SRPM. To do it
right you would probably start from the upstream sources. And I don't
think it's possible to come up with generic instructions. A lot of
libraries and applications hardcode paths in the code (depending on
the build prefix usually), which for obvious reason doesn't work for
bundles.

It might be possible to come with some kind of fuse magics, but I
never really explored the possiblity. Glick, for example, is an
attempt to do that:
http://www.gnome.org/~alexl/glick/

Marco