Simple gtk+ program - output not as expected

Aswathy aswathyp1986 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 04:58:10 EDT 2008

Hi

  I have compiled the program shown below in my system in Fedora platform
and had run in my system too. I took the executable file of this program and
run it in the OLPC. But I couldn't get the same output as that in Fedora.
Why is it so? It just shows up like the whole screen. It doesn't even act
like any activity in OLPC. What can we do to this code so that it looks like
an activity in OLPC? How can we modify it?

The code is as follows:

#include <gtk/gtk.h>

int main( int   argc,
          char *argv[] )
{
    GtkWidget *window;

    gtk_init (&argc, &argv);

    gtk_widget_show  (window);

    gtk_main ();

    return 0;
}

This is a simple code that just displays a window with a minimize, maximize
& close buttons.

   Please suggest the modifications needed for this program so that it runs
similar with the OLPC too.

aswathy