[sugar] Mini-Conference Proposal: Toolbars & Tabs

Bryan Berry bryan.berry at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 23:46:02 EDT 2008

Walter Bender wrote:
>Let me further add that very little
>"teacher training" has in fact taken place. What we have instead
>concentrated on is working with teachers on how to best leverage to
>tool to enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom.

Here in Nepal we have put a ton of effort into teacher training. This
has been constructivist training where we introduce the features of the
XO, the teachers work together in peer-to-peer interaction, then the
teachers gave us their feedback and suggestions. Our teacher training
may be very small in scale compared to other OLPC deployments, but our
team here in Nepal has put a lot of heart and soul into it.

I simply ask that OLPC and the conference participants very carefully
consider large-scale changes.

--
Bryan W. Berry
Systems Engineer