[sugar] Mini-Conference Proposal: Toolbars & Tabs

Walter Bender walter at laptop.org
Thu Apr 3 10:07:17 EDT 2008

Let me ad that these changes are motivated from feedback in the field.
What we are trying to change are precisely the things that people are
finding confusing or difficult. Let me further add that very little
"teacher training" has in fact taken place. What we have instead
concentrated on is working with teachers on how to best leverage to
tool to enhance learning inside and outside of the classroom. The very
features of the new interface are designed to facilitate more
collaboration, which is *the* distinguishing feature of Sugar.

-walter

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 9:59 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:45 PM, Benjamin M. Schwartz
>  <bmschwar at fas.harvard.edu> wrote:
>  >  Perhaps, in the intervening decade, first-world computer users have
>  >  convinced themselves that they cannot adapt, but they are wrong.  Humans
>  >  are very adaptable.  A teacher who has learned one version of Sugar will
>  >  not have to spend more than a few days or hours with the new version
>  >  before understanding it.
>
>  I'm sure they can adapt, but they need to be motivated to do so. What
>  could happen if we don't make sure these changes are well-received? I
>  think that's Gregorio's message.
>
>  Tomeu

Walter Bender
One Laptop per Child