[sugar] Mini-Conference Proposal: Toolbars & Tabs (or lack thereof)

Tomeu Vizoso tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net
Thu Apr 3 09:18:15 EDT 2008

On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:10 PM, Wade Brainerd <wadetb at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 3:09 AM, Tomeu Vizoso <tomeu at tomeuvizoso.net> wrote:
>  >  Also, GNOME apps are currently encouraged to provide those embeddable
>  >  view widgets, as today do Abiword, Evince, Mozilla,... because of the
>  >  GNOME Mobile initiative. Heard that someone was working on that for
>  >  Gnumeric and I'd bet wouldn't be that hard for Inkscape.
>
>  This is true for "core" applications, but I think there is value to
>  considering those "extra" applications in the Linux world that might
>  have some use to students, say some obscure math program or video
>  editing tool.

Absolutely, I just wanted to remember that, one day, OLPC will be the
biggest linux "desktop" deployment, and will be like that for several
years. That will allow (and force) us to set the rules. Of course,
several things need to happen until that day comes, and compatibility
with already written software is one of those.

Tomeu