update.1 "breaking" wrapped activities?

Carol Lerche cafl at msbit.com
Wed Apr 2 22:33:36 EDT 2008

Is this the reason that Bryan Berry in Nepal found that Tux Paint did not
work, and is the instruction given here:

http://wiki.laptop.org/index.php?title=Test_Config_Notes&action=edit&section=29

still the correct way to disable isolation?

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 5:08 PM, Marco Pesenti Gritti <mpgritti at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 3, 2008 at 12:45 AM, Mikus Grinbergs <mikus at bga.com> wrote:
> > > in a description of how non-sugar apps need some help to run
> >  > properly under sugar, the current front page of OLPC News
> >  > contains the following quote:
> >  >
> >  >     "...  there is some discussion that Update 1, a forthcoming
> >  >     upgrade to Sugar, will break all existing wrappers, and
> >  >     current Activities will need to be re-coded and re-wrapped."
> >
> >  I assumed that what's behind this is the introduction of rainbow.
> >  [I'm not sure of the date of the transition to rainbow, but perhaps
> >  G1G1 participants might be exposed to it when installing Update.1]
>
> You are right looks like isolation has been enabled by default only
> starting from Update.1.
>
> Marco

"Always do right," said Mark Twain. "This will gratify some people and
astonish the rest."