[sugar] Mini-Conference Proposal: Toolbars & Tabs (or lack thereof)

Marco Pesenti Gritti mpgritti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 20:38:28 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 7:27 PM, C. Scott Ananian <cscott at laptop.org> wrote:
>  Could someone with some experience with GTK/Gnome themes comment
>  briefly on how reasonable it would be to create a theme to make legacy
>  applications look as much as possible like our "old" sugar and "new"
>  sugar proposal?

The look of each single toolbar (color, spacing, icon size etc) is
dictated by the theme, so the styles should be already consistent.
Sugar is basically taking one or more standard gtk toolbars and
grouping them together.

Though the sugar design uses multiple toolbars as a substitute of
menus in standard gtk applications. And there is not much we can do
about that kind of "incompatibility" (which is fine, perhaps).

Marco