Connecting a non python activity to sugar

Paul Fox pgf at foxharp.boston.ma.us
Wed Apr 2 18:01:58 EDT 2008

bert wrote:
 > On 31.03.2008, at 14:52, Paul Fox wrote:
 > > bert wrote:
 > >> Also, try the sugarize script and library:
 > >>
 > >> http://lists.laptop.org/pipermail/devel/2008-January/009387.html
 > >>
 > >> (maybe that should be added to the Wiki)
 > >
 > > indeed -- that would be a nice addition.  i'm using that script,
 >
 > Well, just add it then. It's a Wiki :)

i will do that.

 > Sugar maintains a strict 1:1 relation between top-level windows marked
 > as activity and activities. Any other top-level window should get an
 > "unknown" icon, currently a gray circle. I guess marking an arbitrary
 > top-level window as activity would severely confuse Sugar. What you

currently i don't think i'm seeing the "unknown" icon, but i also
wasn't looking for it.  it seems to me that in an ideal world,
alt-tab would cycle through all top-level windows, whether
they're known to sugar or not.  ("be lenient in what you accept",
and all that.)  the fact is that not all programs running under
sugar will be fully "sugarized", and to some extent sugar should
behave like "just a window manager" where necessary.

(in any case, based on what you've said, i've re-coded my app so
that the gps console is now just an alternate display mode for
the main mapping window.  the second process and window, are no
longer needed.  there were other reasons that this change was
overdue -- thanks for the nudge.  :-)

paul