[OLPC Networking] RSSI value questions

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Wed Apr 2 16:00:55 EDT 2008

On Wed, Apr 2, 2008 at 3:38 PM,  <david at lang.hm> wrote:
>  the problem with trying to use sound is that it requres a clear path from
> the servers to the laptops, something I would not expect to see very much.
> it's also very sensitive to the direction the laptops are pointing.

Absolutely, and the XS doesn't have mics, even less directional mics ;-)

The 802.11 signal will also have dirty paths in some directions.
Strategic antenna location and signal timing is the only way I can see
this working. It would be fantastic to have a simple thing to demo
physics and maths based on such triangulation.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions