Becoming involved in XO software development?

Patrick Dubroy pdubroy at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 22:45:14 EDT 2008

Hi Rebecca,

I've only recently become involved with the OLPC project, so I was in
the same boat a few months ago. Here's what I can recommend:

For general info about the development process:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers

To get a feel for "what's in the box", set up a Sugar environment on
Linux or Windows (Instructions are here:
http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Developers/Setup) or try out a LiveCD
(http://wiki.laptop.org/go/LiveCd)

If you want to contribute code to a specific application or part of
the system, see the list here:
<http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Software_projects>. From here you should be
able to find the relevant mailing lists, IRC channels, repository
location, etc. for that project.

Have fun!

Pat
--