OpenSolaris and Belenix On XO Laptops

Ivan Krstić krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Sep 29 04:38:09 EDT 2007

Hi,

On Sep 29, 2007, at 4:13 AM, big one wrote:
> Is it possible to boot OpenSolaris from OLPC?
> Is it possible to use OpenSolaris in OLPC with external USB storage
> without ZFS?

as has been pointed out to you several times, these questions are off-
topic for the devel@ list. OLPC does not presently have the resources
to directly support -- or answer very high-level questions about --
porting other operating systems, BIOSes, or legacy technologies to
the XO platform. Note that we're generally happy to answer any
specific, concrete technical questions you might have about our
hardware and software, should you choose to attempt such ports on
your own.

In the interest of maintaining a high signal-to-noise ratio for the
development list, please send any further mail about these topics to
the olpc-open@ list.

Thanks,

--
Ivan Krstić <krstic at solarsail.hcs.harvard.edu> | http://radian.org