Console Mode, DOS Emulator on OLPC

elw at elw at
Tue Sep 25 19:57:07 EDT 2007

> Subject: Re: Console Mode, DOS Emulator on OLPC
> OLPC does not support VGA/EGA/CGA graphics, so the display code for all
> those old programs will not work.

IIRC xdosemu provides vga support within an X window.

I sympathize with folks who want to run ancient dos educational apps on
the OLPC - it'd be great if xdosemu were available as an activity-like
bundle for folks who need it.

[Same goes for C64 emulators... there are still folks in chemistry and
biology and physics who have useful code that runs on the Commodore
machines.. even at Big 10 universities.  ;)]