DOSBox VGA Emulator, SDL, Svgalib

James Cameron quozl at laptop.org
Wed Sep 26 03:58:47 EDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 25, 2007 at 10:23:12PM -0700, big one wrote:
> Can Svgalib support built-in graphic controller inside AMD Geode on XO
> laptops?

No VGA on OLPC XO.  svgalib is not present.

SDL is present on OS build 603.

Therefore based on your statements, dosbox would use SDL, and SDL would
use X Windows.  There would be no need for svgalib.  SDL would not use
svgalib.

Checking the dosbox package on Debian, there is no mention of dependency
on svgalib, but there is a dependency on SDL.

Installing dosbox on Debian on XO ...

1.  apt-get install dosbox

2.  dosbox

A window appeared on the XO with a title DOSBox 0.65 Cpu Cycles: 3000.

I typed DIR and I got a "Directory of Z:\"

Therefore it works, I guess.