Increasing performance by tuning swappiness

Henrique Ser henrique at sueste.net
Tue Sep 25 08:11:01 EDT 2007

I beg to differ. I have both a B2 and a B4, and running 500+ builds
(currently 595) in the B4 goes as smoothly as expected, but the B2 just
drags itself around. This was obviously primarily due to lack of memory,
so I'm swapping off a 512MB external flash drive and it's still slower
than the B4, obviously, but it works pretty fluidly, so there is a major
difference in the B2 using swap, I can assure you of that.

- cn