#3631 HIGH First D: Need fullscreen mode

Albert Cahalan acahalan at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 02:01:43 EDT 2007

Eben Eliason writes:

> It will actually toggle both the toolbar and a tray (if present).
> Moreover, it can be configured by the activity such that it might
> actually expand a smaller section of the screen, and not simply hide
> the toolbars.  For instance, in Record the fullscreen button resides
> within the video feed, to indicate that only the video will appear in
> fullscreen mode. It's not only a toggle for the toolbar, but a broader
> concept which can be interpreted as necessary by each activity.
>
> I'm open to other suggestions for shortcuts, though.

Please go with the Alt-Enter suggestion.

More importantly, do not let Sugar steal any Ctrl- keystrokes
from apps. Ctrl-F is "Find" in lots of things. I just noticed
it being used in XChat. It's used in xpdf. It's used in Firefox.
Ctrl- keystrokes in general are taken by both GUI and terminal
apps already.