startup sound

Simon Schamijer simon at schampijer.de
Fri Sep 21 07:15:51 EDT 2007

I have been thinking about the startup sound. So is it really the idea
to have this be enabled by default? Are the laptops shipped like that or
is this for debugging purpose only?

If yes, have we thought about those cases:
  - 20 kids turn their laptop on in a class?
  - a kid comes late and has to turn on his laptop?

Even if the idea is to have the kids be able to edit them, we will have
the 20 kids be playing their 'sound' each startup. Or are the machines
meant to go more often into sleep mode rather than a complete shutdown?

If this has been thought through already and is all set sorry for the noise,
    Simon