#3506 BLOC Trial-3: XOs connected to jabber server AND can link local don't share well

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Thu Sep 20 09:47:57 EDT 2007

Hi Simon,
I agree with your request to 'see' more information in the short term
because it is nearly impossible to debug. I believe we needed this bug to be
fixed because sharing just didn't work in some cases; but you are correct
that without knowing if you are connected to a school server or not; and
without being able to choose to connect to a specific jabber server or none,
there will be confusion.

We are working on the requirements for a Control Panel that can let you
choose your jabber server. Maybe it should also let you choose NOT to
connect to a jabber server so you can only talk to other XOs that not
connected to any server (and they can choose not to be connected).

I want to see if we can get the most basic aspects of a control panel in by
FRS (even if it doesn't get a real UI) so that we can have a little more
insight and a little more control that we have right now.

Kim