Boot animation

C. Scott Ananian cscott at laptop.org
Mon Sep 17 16:01:31 EDT 2007

I should have warned Bernie and Mitch that this thread was mostly
geared to the pentagram design folks.  So we should keep our
discussion as nontechnical as possible -- the original question was
just, "what are the stages in boot" and "how long does each take".

And, to focus the discussion, although moving X startup earlier in the
boot process would allow fancier animation earlier, it is a fairly
invasive change which is not likely to happen by FRS.  That is
something to bear in mind when comparing startup sequence
alternatives.
 --scott

--
                         ( http://cscott.net/ )