Boot animation

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Mon Sep 17 15:52:20 EDT 2007

Mitch Bradley wrote:

> I would really like to reduce the time of this "2s to 10s" phase.  The
> main component is JFFS2 scan time, which could be reduced to near 0 by
> partitioning the NAND FLASH.
>
> That speedup won't happen right away, but we shouldn't assume that this
> 8-second visual opportunity will exist for the long term.

A big waste of time is that both OFW and the kernel need to
scan JFFS2 for the same superblock.

It would be nice if OFW could pass "jffs2super=0x1234" on the kernel
command line as a hint for jffs2 to look at that block first.

David, would such a thing be possible?  Easy, maybe?

--
   //  Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/
 \X/ One Laptop Per Child - http://www.laptop.org/