Marvell

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Thu Sep 13 05:29:54 EDT 2007

On Mon, 2007-09-10 at 22:41 -0400, Ivan Krstić wrote:
> On Sep 10, 2007, at 9:31 PM, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> > In the same thread, Ivan said he may have found a full-time person for
> > the job (what happened, then?).
>
> It was put on hold because IP issues weren't worked out, and it
> didn't look likely they would before first ship.

I'm not sure how practical it is, but it would be really nice if we
could achieve it -- I predict that debugging mesh behaviour in the field
is going to be nigh-on impossible in the current situation.

There was an alternative libertas driver which uses the device in 'dumb'
mode with the kernel's mac80211 stack. Coupled with mesh support in
mac80211 that might make a somewhat suboptimal alternative to truly free
firmware.

--
dwmw2