Marvell

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 17:58:36 EDT 2007

On 9/11/07, Edward Cherlin <echerlin at gmail.com> wrote:
> and the price for his support is quite modest, since
> we want to do this anyway.

Making RMS happy on this is a boil-the-oceans mission -- not a modest
price at all. Lots of ECs and bits and pieces are non-open. And
solving these problems takes hacking in some very specific areas that
require very particular talent and knowledge -- the barriers of entry
are pretty high for a meshing wireless network stack in an embedded
chip like the Marvell.

> Who would like to work on it?

I think that is the key problem. If someone can hack in that area (of
which I only know enough to say that I cannot even get started), and
is interested/motivated enough to do it, they'd be doing it already.
The only thing you can do is roll up your sleeves and hack on it
yourself if you can, and start posting code and notes.

cheers,

martin