headtracker / mag lens / macro lens (linaccess at yokoy.de)

Luke Hutchison luke.hutch at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 14:53:15 EDT 2007

OpenCV looks much more heavyweight than what you need, but may be useful in
prototyping.

Phase correlation looks for the translational offset of an entire image
between two frames.  It is also probably much more heaviweight than what you
need.  In the end the result you get will be pretty similar to that obtained
by the centroid method.  You will only get higher than single-pixel
precision with phase correlation if you do subpixel extremum detection
anyway, and you can do that directly in image space, saving a lot of
computation.