headtracker / mag lens / macro lens (linaccess at yokoy.de)

Yuan Chao yuanchao at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 05:42:32 EDT 2007

On 9/5/07, linaccess at yokoy.de <linaccess at yokoy.de> wrote:

Hi Yokoy,

> tracking a little shiny point at the head and transform it into mousepointer movements. Here is the description:
> http://www.olpcaustria.org/mediawiki/index.php/Headtracker
I don't how much computation power needed to track a pattern. I
remember that for some webcam drivers provide different image sizes.
If the effort is small enough, maybe you can consider tracking a
pattern instead of light points, or even more, the face position. A
small sticker with the special pattern on head or glasses would be
enough. Also too precise tracking would be painful once you need to
hold the position still when not moving. One thought would be to act
like a "trackpoint" on thinkpad computer: when moving within some
threshold, the position holds; when move further, the positioning
moves continuously till move back within the threshold. The further
above the threshold, the faster the positioning moves.

--
Best regards,
Yuan Chao