[sugar] Pippy and Calculate

linaccess at yokoy.de linaccess at yokoy.de
Wed Sep 5 07:26:39 EDT 2007

hi,

On Wed, 05 Sep 2007 13:00:50 +0200
Reinier Heeres <reinier at heeres.eu> wrote:

> I just think the two activities are suited for different
> things.

yes, I agree. A calculator is not to learn python.
Some time ago the calculator activity looks like real pocket calculator and I think that was a good way. I was a bit disappointed about some changes the calculator overcomes.
I like the idea to put some interface stuff from the TI89 and the option to program inside the calculator activity.

Pippy is more an activity to learn python, did I understand right? So you could also do math in it but it is not in the first place a calculator.
I like Pippy (oh, what a sentence. For german ears it sounds like 'I like wee-wee' :-) but it is not the right activity to replace a calculator IMHO.

regards,

yokoy