headtracker / mag lens / macro lens (linaccess at yokoy.de)

Luke Hutchison luke.hutch at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 19:11:34 EDT 2007

Is the processing time for 640x480 the reason you're only using 90x30?

You can actually dramatically increase the precision to which you can read
back the bright point's location by fitting a paraboloid to the intensity
values in the neighborhood of the brightest pixel, then reading off the
location of the extremum of the paraboloid.  You will get at least one order
of magnitude more accuracy that way than looking at the integer coords of
the brightest pixel (perhaps as much as two orders of magnitude).

Luke