Jumpy Mousepad

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Tue Sep 4 17:26:15 EDT 2007

On 08/29/2007 09:19 PM, Arjun Sarwal wrote:

> We could do some testing of about 5/7 XOs in the oven at 1cc if you
> suspect it to be temperature / humidity related. What kind of conditions
> would you like to simulate, continuous hot and humidity ?

Last week I played with the oven and a B4 that
had stopped showing this bug for unknown reasons.

While this unit still wouldn't show the bug even when
heated, another B4 was perfectly happy to do it at
room temperature.

So I think I can reasonably exclude humidity and temperature
as triggers for my specific bug.  There could be a similar,
but distinct mouse bug that's influenced by environment
conditions.  This would explain why we get incompatible
reports from different people.

Our bug looks almost certainly like an EC or kernel bug.

--
   // Bernardo Innocenti
 \X/  http://www.codewiz.org/