Unable to update my machine

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sun Sep 2 01:33:02 EDT 2007

Mitch said:

> fdisk + mkdosfs is a mistake-prone combination.

That's probably what I screwed up ages ago.

It might help if the wiki section had an example of something known to work -
that is take a USB flash drive in unknown state, erase everything, and set it
to a good state.

The corresponding mount command would probably be handy too.

I'm probably assuming that everybody is using a RedHat style linux, or
something close enough.  It may be worth recording the distribution (and
version) just in case that matters.