Salut (link-local) protocol changing - don't expect interop between versions

Giannis Galanis giannisgalanis at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 14:00:54 EDT 2007

Since you are updating the presence service, it is a could opportunity to
fix the switch from salut to gabble.

When internet connectivity is detected, salut should stop, and gabble should
start right after.  However, this doesnt work properly even on latest
builds, especially when the XO connects through schoolserver.
It has even been documented(bug 4193) that an XO was connected to medialab
AP and was still running Salut. The neighbor view included several XOs and
could share properly.

It is pretty high priority to make this work properly.

Also, when connected to a school server, it is faster to communicate with
others in the mesh through salut, then through jabber. So it can be useful
for the user to force salut even when jabber is available.

yani