Now with http-post! Re: log-collect / log-send

Pascal Scheffers pascal at scheffers.net
Wed Oct 31 08:02:46 EDT 2007

I've updated log-collect.py, it can now auto-submit the logs to my
own server:

invoke as:

[olpc at xo-05-24-8F ~]$ su -
-bash-3.2# python log-collect.py http
log-collect utility 1.0
Logs saved in /dev/shm/logs-SHF725002EF.zip
Trying to send the logs using HTTP (web)
OK
Logs were sent.
-bash-3.2#

And admire the result at http://pascal.scheffers.net/olpc/

The URL where the zip file will be posted is hardcoded, for now.

You can either download the zip file which was submitted, or you can
browse/view the contents of the zip file on my site.

The server side component is very, very, very simple: just accept any
file, give it a fixed name and then try to unzip it.

- Pascal.