An opportunity to help - printer configuration

Mitch Bradley wmb at laptop.org
Tue Oct 30 11:46:32 EDT 2007

The Give One, Get One program will put many XO laptops in situations
unlike the design target.  In particular, North American G1G1 purchasers
won't be in clear school/village/community clusters.

For the target country deployments, we have been assuming that printing
will be done rarely (as paper is expensive), and where done, will be
handled by the school server.  That assumption does not hold for
individual G1G1 purchasers.

It would be useful if our developer community could test and document
recipes for attaching XO to some common printers, especially USB
printers.  Obviously, it is easy with network printers, but I expect
that the majority of G1G1 recipients won't have those.

If you wish to help, please edit the page below with any recipes that
you have developed.

http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Printing

Thanks!