Request for Screen Reader Project Hosting

Danny Clark danny at laptop.org
Mon Oct 29 21:35:54 EDT 2007

Done; the project is "screen-reader" in git -
http://dev.laptop.org/git?p=projects/screen-reader;a=summary

BTW are you all on the accessability list? -
http://lists.laptop.org/listinfo/accessibility

On 10/28/07, Hemant Goyal <goyal.hemant at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would request the development team to kindly provide us with project
> hosting capabilities for our Screen Reader Project.
>
> Here is the application with all the required data.
>
> 1. Project name             : Screen Reader
> 2. Existing website, if any : http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Screen_Reader
> 3. One-line description     : A Screen Reading Service for the XO
>
> 4. Longer description       :
> The project aims to develop a global screen reading service for the xo. A
> user can highlight text and use a keyboard shortcut and or a button in the
> sugar environment to perform text to speech
> synthesis.
> 5. URLs of similar projects : live.gnome.org/LSR
>
> 6. Committer list
>    Please list the maintainer (lead developer) as the first entry. Only
> list
>    developers who need to be given accounts so that they can commit to
> your
>    project's code repository, or push their own. There is no need to list
>    non-committer developers.
>
>       Username   Full name             SSH2 key
> URL                    E-mail
>             --------   ---------
> ------------                    ------
>    #1 hemantgoyal  Hemant Goyal  http://www.nsitonline.in/hemant
> /hemantgoyal.pub  goyal.hemant at gmail.com
>    #2 assimd          Assim Deodia
> http://www.nsitonline.in/assim/assim.pub
> assim.deodia at gmail.com
>

> 7. Preferred development model
>
>    [X] Central tree. Every developer can push his changes directly to the
>        project's git tree. This is the standard model that will be
> familiar to
>        CVS and Subversion users, and that tends to work well for most
> projects.
>
>    [ ] Maintainer-owned tree. Every developer creates his own git tree, or
>        multiple git trees. He periodically asks the maintainer to look at
> one
>        or more of these trees, and merge changes into the
> maintainer-owned,
>        "main" tree. This is the model used by the Linux kernel, and is
>        well-suited to projects wishing to maintain a tighter control on
> code
>        entering the main tree.
>
> 8. Set up a project mailing list:
>
>    [ ] Yes, named after our project name
>    [ ] Yes, named ______________________
>    [X] No
>

> 9. Commit notifications
>
>    [ ] Notification of commits to the main tree should be e-mailed to the
> list
>        we chose to create above
>    [ ] A separate mailing list, <projectname>-git, should be created for
> commit
>        notifications
>    [X] No commit notifications, please
>

> 11. Notes/comments:
>
> We would really appreciate it if the process is sped up keeping the fact
> that Code Freeze is going to happen soon.
>
> Thanks

> [...]

Daniel Clark # Sys Admin, One Laptop per Child
# http://laptop.org  # http://opensysadmin.com
# http://planyp.us/djbclark # http://dclark.us