low-memory testing

Kim Quirk kim at laptop.org
Sun Oct 28 16:30:09 EDT 2007

This weekend I found that opening too many activities too quickly (I opened
about 5 activities before waiting for them to each open); caused my machine
to hang miserably. After about 20 minutes of absolutely no response, I held
down the power button. There was no virtual terminal or dev teminal, the
display was showing half of something it was trying to open, but nothing I
could do would get a response.

This might be CPU usage as oppose to memory corruption or leaks ... when I
rebooted it did come up ok.

Bug 4483.

Kim