phpmyfaq - to take heat off developers

Todd Kelsey tekelsey at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 02:47:29 EDT 2007

Hi,

Finally got phpmyfaq instance up (courtesy of working with opensourcehost)
will be setting up under subdomain alias, for now it is at an ip.

PHPMyFaq is scalable, multilingual, RSS, XML, basically allows people to
post questions, other people to answer, print out, save to pdf, xml. coolest
thing is ranking -- so most relevant/popular items float to top.

I think OLPC needs multiple instances for multiple categories. Was thinking
mainly how to try and help pull off redundant questions draining core
developers in immediate term. then it's a good way to field questions for
community development and different projects.

Could really use 1 or more people's help on:

-defining categories of questions that developers get asked
-some pre-made questions and answers to seed page
-more than happy to give admin access; if there's an olpc staff member or
volunteer developer(s) who could go in and work with it, I think it would be
worth your time. it's easy in, easy out.
-would be nice to have someone to moderate instances.
-ex: right now i have software/hardware. could be a separate instance for
each. benefit of separate instances is ranking.

I'm assuming this could be helpful. It could also cross link to wiki. Some
people going on wiki may not know what they're looking for, so having a
dynamic faq, especially right before people hop on IRC, or where people join
lists, could help reduce drain on dev.

-Todd

-Todd

--