geode optimized tool chain

Rob Savoye rob at
Fri Oct 19 14:06:17 EDT 2007

I collected a bunch of resources about optimizing GCC and GLIBC for the
Geode, and stuck them on our project wiki:

Included are builds of glibc compiled for geode support, and optimized
versions of memcpy(), memcmp(), memset(), strcmp(), and strlen() (based
on the geode perf tests). Strcpy() is coming after I track down an
obscure core dumping problem. I attempted to build working rpms, your
mileage may vary... These aren't heavily tested yet as my B3 board
doesn't want to boot, so I thought others may want to try these out.

	- rob -