keyboard layout image license

Ivo Emanuel Gonçalves justivo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 16 17:56:50 EDT 2007

On 10/15/07, Simon McVittie <simon.mcvittie at collabora.co.uk> wrote:
> Debian's criticisms of the Creative Commons Attribution license (and
> derivatives) as a Free Software license can be found here:
> http://people.debian.org/~evan/ccsummary.html

That's for version 2.0.  Version's 3 and 2.5 have dealt a lot with
these kind of criticism and attempted to fix the problems.  I'd say
most of the problems should be fixed by now.

> It's also a bad idea to recommend "a Creative Commons license" without
> explicitly specifying which one

Yes.  Creative Commons recommends stating something similar to "This
work is under the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 License", and then
add the link to the license if it's a digital thing, or display the
"send a letter to CC to get a copy of license" if it's non-digital.

Attribution is akin to new BSD or MIT.  Attribution-ShareAlike is more
like the GPL.  NC or ND should not be used here.

-Ivo