B2-7 - best build and firmware version?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Sun Oct 14 15:39:17 EDT 2007

Todd,

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 08:19 -1000, Mitch Bradley wrote:

> I believe that we have elected not to spend time working on a patch for
> that color issue, because it is quite difficult to fix in light of a
> hardware issue with the way the display controller is connected to the
> DCON chip on B2 systems.

B2's and B1's wiring to the display is fundamentally broken, and you
can't fix all cases of the video problems.  You can only choose which
things are broken.

We have chosen to concentrate on testing and debugging for the hardware
we will be shipping all so soon.  Even the first week's production is
multiples of all the B1's and B2's in existence.  We can't afford to
take time from that at this date, and trying to support both the GX
processor and firmware for it was taking too much time to continue to
afford.
                             Best Regards,
                                  - Jim

--