Saving state of Read

Pascal Scheffers pascal at scheffers.net
Sat Oct 13 16:43:33 EDT 2007

I've created a patch for https://dev.laptop.org/ticket/2838 but that
leaves me with three questions:
1. Page position: The patch only jumps to the top of the page, but
depending on zoom level, the user probably left of somewhere in the
middle of the page. I could not find the right properties to get/set
in evince. Does evince have a way to precisely obtain and set the
view port?

2. The search text is saved/restored, but search is not initiated.
That could take a long time and might jump to another page than set
in 1). This means no highlighting on the current page if the keyword
exists. I could not find how to restrict the search to the current
page only, is there a way to restrict it to current page only?

3. The selected tab is not saved at all. This means that on resume,
the 'read' tab with the nextpage/previous page is always active, even
if the user was on the search or view tab. I am not sure if this
should be added or not, or even could? Given that a lot of users will
click on activity and then stop, and not use the keyboard shortcut.
What shall I do with this?

Regards,

- Pascal.