something went wrong in the file system

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at vpri.org
Fri Oct 12 18:28:15 EDT 2007

  Hello,

  My B4 with 616 build went into some interesting state.  I was
copying some executable files to a directory (under /usr/local/lib/)
from my USB memory and playing with it (for several iteration) from
the Sugar console.  But I terminate the executable and left the system
idle for a night.  That was yesterday.

  Today, I was trying to remove the file I copied by "rm" command but
get an error that says "No space left on device".  I try to reboot my
machine (perhaps a bad idea) but it went into the "launching X loop".

  I did force poweroff and now the unit doesn't boot.  I got OFW's
"ok" prompt and typed:

	dir nand:\boot

but it says:

        jffs2-file-system
        jffs2:bad read

I saw some trac items about nand corruption and it might have happened
to me.  I don't know if there is a way to salvage some useful
information from my unit at this point, but if somebody has an idea
(or just say it is a known problem) please let me know.  Otherwise,
I'd just reinstall a build...

-- Yoshiki