Bridging eSpeak and Read activity

Hemant Goyal goyal.hemant at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 10:41:38 EDT 2007

Hi all,

We are trying to Bridge the Read activity with eSpeak activity on XO. We
hope to provide a "play" button in the Read UI using which a kid can listen
to the ebook in their local languages and also learn how to pronounce
different words.

In this regards, we have 2 queries:-

   1. Pointers within the Evince and Read code from which we can pick the
   String data to be forwarded to eSpeak for Text to Speech conversion.
   2. We also wish to highlight the words/string of data sent to eSpeak
   within the Read GUI. What is the best way to do that? Is it possible to
   highlight the string within Read or should we use the copy paste highlight
   features in the Evince code?

--
Hemant