connect to network?

Chris Ball cjb at laptop.org
Thu Oct 11 19:01:40 EDT 2007

Hi,

   > Another newbie question: is the machine supposed to be able to
   > connect to an "ordinary" wireless network? It finds my router name
   > (and indeed all the other networks alive locally), and asks for my
   > WEP key (and subsequently shows it is on "Canal 11"), but that is
   > as far as I get. ping doesn't work, and the browser activity cannot
   > connect to the internet to find eternal websites.

Please file a bug; this should work, and we're interested in chasing it
down.  Attaching your /var/log/messages file after an attempt would be
most useful.  We have problems with some types of encrypted APs.

   > In the absence of a physical network port, this would be the only
   > way I can copy files to/from the X0.

You could also use a USB disk, SD card, or USB ethernet device.

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball   <cjb at laptop.org>