new user: no audio from speakers

Richard Dobson richarddobson at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 18:22:47 EDT 2007

I have now updated to 616, and the speakers do indeed now work. Do I
need to update the TRAC?

The GUI has a lot more activites installed, but also seems to have more
slightly flaky behaviour, will try to catalogue and report later on.
Rather more text not in English (booting is actually bilingual) ; I can
guess most of it but not all!

I see some error messages during booting, such as:

sdhci: Invalid iomem size You may experience problems

Failure reading codec reg 0x7e ....

Is this of any significance?

Richard Dobson