New manufacturing data flags for keyboards (2nd draft).

Bernardo Innocenti bernie at codewiz.org
Sat Oct 6 16:33:46 EDT 2007

(adding devel@ to cc)

Mitch Bradley wrote:
> Jim Gettys wrote:
>> What are the olpc vs. olpc2 variants?
>
> The way that I understand it based on Bernie's IRC explanation, is that
> these are different usage models based on how you interpret one of the keys.
>
> It is not a property of the keyboard per se, so I question whether this
> is something that should be in manufacturing data.

As you say, it doesn't belong to manifacturing data.

BUT... do we want keyboard autoconfiguration?  If so, I don't know where
else we could hardcode this bit of knowledge.

Unless we admit shipping forked versions of hal and xkeyboard-config
with a table for mapping manifacturing data to the actual XKB parameters.

--
 \___/
 |___|  Bernardo Innocenti - http://www.codewiz.org/