oddball video modes (was: Sugar's fonts)

Guylhem Aznar olpc at guylhem.net
Tue Oct 2 17:33:21 EDT 2007

On 10/2/07, Jordan Crouse <jordan.crouse at amd.com> wrote:
> On 02/10/07 00:39 -0400, Albert Cahalan wrote:
> > Activities can set an X property to override this as well.
> > Switching between activities switches the mode bits as needed.
> > All bit patterns should be available.
>
> The source code is freely available, as is the specification (per your
> specific request, IIRC), and I don't believe Andres has ever said he
> would outright reject a patch, and he's the only one you ever have to
> convince. Code on.

Before starting an implementation, I think we should define which
videomodes are handy, and how they could be reached easily.

The b&w backlit mode as been requested - I suggest a b&w/color toggle,
for exemple when both luminosity keys are pressed at the same time.

This would keep their current function and build on it. Only having a
setting stored by application is IMHO counterintuitive, since both the
interior and the exterior context also play a role (ex: are you
reading at night a b&w book ? does it have color pictures ?).

Guylhem