mesh driver in ubuntu

Joel Stanley joel at laptop.org
Mon Oct 1 17:49:46 EDT 2007

On 9/27/07, Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos <ypod at mit.edu> wrote:
> I have Ubuntu 7.04 with 2.6.20-16 and want to use the 8388 USB module
> with my system. I guess I either need to jump to 2.6.22, or compile the
> driver for 2.6.20. I would prefer the second as the upstream version of
> the driver does not come with all the features I need. So, do I just get
> the driver and compile it? Any directions on the wiki?

I got the USB module working with the stock Ubuntu Gutsy kernel.

I'm not sure if it was necessary, but as the md5 of the ubuntu
usb8388.bin didn't match anything I could find, I updated with the
firmware from a recent OLPC build.

copy xo:/lib/firmware/usb8388.bin to ubuntu:/lib/firmware/'uname
-r'/usb8388.bin, plug in your USB dongle, you should be good to go.

Joel