Give One Get One laptop for software development

Danilo Câmara dfcamara at ic.unicamp.br
Tue Nov 27 22:51:12 EST 2007

I'm a student at State University of Campinas, Brazil. I'm researching
efficient implementation of Elliptic Curve Cryptography in constrained
environments. I'm working with an ARM XScale PXA270 platform but would
like also to work with a x86-based constrained platform. I think the
OLPC laptop is an interesting option for many reasons.

I'd like to know if one of those laptops of the Give One Get One program
are suitable for software development? I guess so, but would like to be
sure.

Do I need any special hardware or cable to connect to the OLPC laptop
from my desktop? A telnet or SSH connection is all I need.

I want real timings, so I think an emulated solution would not be
suitable.

Thanks
--
Danilo Câmara <dfcamara at ic.unicamp.br>