DOSEmu Project Hosting application/request

elw at stderr.org elw at stderr.org
Thu Nov 29 13:49:04 EST 2007

1. Project name             : DOS Emulator
2. Existing website, if any : none yet
3. One-line description     : DOS Emulation support for XO.

4. Longer description       : This project's aim is to provide DOS
                             : compatibility support in a Sugar- and
                             : Journal-friendly fashion.
                             :

5. URLs of similar projects : n/a

6. Committer list
    Please list the maintainer (lead developer) as the first entry. Only
    list developers who need to be given accounts so that they can commit
    to your project's code repository, or push their own. There is no need
    to list non-committer developers.

       Username   Full name             SSH2 key URL                E-mail
       --------   ---------             ------------                ------
    #1 elijah     Elijah Wright http://stderr.org/~elw/id_dsa.pub  elw at stderr.org

    If any developers don't have their SSH2 keys on the web, please attach
    them to the application e-mail.

7. Preferred development model

    [X] Central tree. Every developer can push his changes directly to the
        project's git tree. This is the standard model that will be
        familiar to CVS and Subversion users, and that tends to work well
        for most projects.

    [ ] Maintainer-owned tree. Every developer creates his own git tree, or
        multiple git trees. He periodically asks the maintainer to look at
        one or more of these trees, and merge changes into the
        maintainer-owned, "main" tree. This is the model used by the Linux
        kernel, and is well-suited to projects wishing to maintain a
        tighter control on code entering the main tree.

    If you choose the maintainer-owned tree model, but wish to set up some
    shared trees where all of your project's committers can commit
    directly, as might be the case with a "discussion" tree, or a tree for
    an individual feature, you may send us such a request by e-mail, and we
    will set up the tree for you.

8. Set up a project mailing list:

    [X] Yes, named after our project name
    [ ] Yes, named ______________________
    [ ] No

    When your project is just getting off the ground, we suggest you eschew
    a separate mailing list and instead keep discussion about your project
    on the main OLPC development list. This will give you more input and
    potentially attract more developers to your project; when the volume of
    messages related to your project reaches some critical mass, we can
    trivially create a separate mailing list for you.

    If you need multiple lists, let us know. We discourage having many
    mailing lists for smaller projects, as this tends to
    stunt the growth of your project community. You can always add more
    lists later.

9. Commit notifications

    [X] Notification of commits to the main tree should be e-mailed to the
        list we chose to create above
    [ ] A separate mailing list, <projectname>-git, should be created for
        commit notifications
    [ ] No commit notifications, please

10. Shell accounts

    As a general rule, we don't provide shell accounts to developers unless
    there's a demonstrated need. If you have one, please explain here, and
    list the usernames of the committers above needing shell access.

11. Translation
    [X] Set up the laptop.org Pootle server to allow translation commits to
        be made
    [ ] Translation arrangements have already been made at _______________

12. Notes/comments: