Active activities as Widgets

Gerard J. Cerchio gjpc at circlesoft.com
Wed Nov 28 20:59:52 EST 2007

I would like the ability to exploit other active activities in my own
activity.

If a video conference is already active, and the participants wish to
PlayGo I would like to have a panel in the PlayGo application that
allows the video call to continue throughout the game. I came upon this
idea when I was trying to duplicate the Chat activity within PlayGo just
to allow the players to talk to one another. I asked my self, why
duplicate code, connections and system resources that are probably
already running in RAM?

Looking at how the activity's communications are structured, and being
that we are in a early stage of sugar, I do not think this is too lofty
of  an intra  communication/display development goal.

Comments?